Labor Day Weekend 2017 is going to be great fun. Here is our Potjie Program…
Friday – 9/1/17
- Arrive: Get together at communal area behind the pool to visit and braai. Bring your own food & drinks.
Saturday program – 9/2/17
- Wake up and have your coffee and beskuit.
- 7:00am – Golf for all interested. Contact Danie Hennop
- 8:30am – Scavenger hunt. Kids meet at the hall
- 9:30am – Vetkoek dough mix. In the hall
- 10:00am – Kids Activities. Lawn next to swimming pool
- 11:30am – Vetkoek bak. Day visitors’ tent
- 12:00am – Free Vetkoek lunch. Day visitors’ tent
- 1:00pm – Foam pool party
- 2:30pm – Ziplining for all interested. Adrenaline Rush LLC
- 8:00pm – Sokkie – In the hall
- Bazaar: You can sell your own South African goodies from your campsite throughout the weekend. From 10am – 2pm. the residents of Rusk will come to the campground to buy South African goodies from you (as per an arrangement with the Rusk Chamber of Commerce).
- Leon Versfeld from Versfeld & Hugo attorneys will be available throughout the weekend to discuss immigration issues.
- Pool will be open till the sokkie ends. Children need to be with adult supervision while in the pool.
Sunday – 9/3/17
- 9:30am – Church Service. Tijmen Felix officiating, in the hall
- 10:45am – General Meeting. Hall
- 1:00pm – Start the fires at Communal area for Potjies
- 2:30pm – Watermelon Fest. Rally area
- 6:00pm – Potjie potluck dinner. Day visitors tent
- 8:00pm – Camp fire visiting. Perfect time for S’Mores
- Swimming pool will be open.
Monday – 9/4/17
- Pack up your gear, clean your camp area, say your goodbyes, and have a safe trip home.
It’s going to be a wonderful weekend. Please share this information with any of your friends who might not know about it yet.
Get Updates By Email
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up here…