Labor Day Weekend 2020 is going to be great fun. Here is our Potjie Program…
It’s going to be simple… a camping weekend for South Africans and their families to visit, have fun, and make new friends.
You may sell your South African goodies from your own campsite throughout the weekend.
Here is the Event Program
Arrive, set up camp , Meet and greet
- 10:00 Boere Sports (Sack race, egg race etc)
- 10:00 Boeremark at communal area
- 12:00 Lunch (Provided, Boerewors rolls)
- 14:00 Slip a slide foam party
- 18:00 Dinner (Provided – Lamb chops, chicken, pap and sous provided. Please bring a side to share)
- 20:00 Sokkie and socializing around campfire at communal area
- 10:00 Church (Pastor Danny)
- 11:00 Taco brunch – (Provided)
- 12:00 Potjie cooking – (All potjies made in the Communal area are considered for prizes)
- 14:00 Watermelon Fest (Be prepared to get sticky)
- 16:45 Kids Potjie Judging
- 17:00 Adult Potjie Judging
- 17:30 Potluck Potjie dinner
- 19:00 Auction followed by the prize giving
- 20:00 Camp fire in communal area with smores (bring your own ingredients)
- Please help clean up communal area, pack up your gear, clean your camping area, say your goodbye’s and have a save trip home.
Pool: No glass or food in pool area. Non-breakable containers only.
Trash: KOA will collect trash throughout the camp ground every morning. The trash trailer is parked between the pool and tent camp area if you want to dump trash bags. Don’t leave trash out overnight, there are hungry critters around