The South African Potjie In Texas…
The Place To Be Over Labor Day Weekend – September 4 – 7, 2020!
South Africans in the USA… Imagine an event where you can visit with other South African families, make new friends, network, and have fun together. Imagine an event where, when it’s done, you feel energized and ready to take on the world again. And you can’t wait for the next one!
That event is the South African Potjie in Texas!
Things To Know
- It’s simple… a camping weekend for South Africans and their families to visit, have fun, and make new friends.
- You may sell your South African goodies from your own campsite throughout the weekend.
- Here is the tentative Event Program.
Where & When?
- South African Potjie In Texas will be held at the Rusk KOA campground in Rusk, TX.
- It take place over Labor Day weekend, Sep 4 – Sep 7, 2020.
- Here’s more about the venue. Note the activities that KOA has available.
Fees & Other Costs
- We charge campers and day visitors a potjie attendance fee of $15 per person, 6 years old & up, for the weekend.
- KOA charges day visitors $6 per person for one day, or $10 per person for both days. This is a KOA facility use fee and is not included in the potjie attendance fee.
- KOA will provide armbands to indicate payment. Please wear them to avoid questions.
- Day visitors, see Fees & Other Costs for fee information.
- A white gazebo will be set up behind the pool area for day visitors to use as a “home base”.
- Communal braai grills will be set up near the gazebo for anyone who wants to use them.
- Please walk around the campground to visit with campers.
At The Pool
- No glass in the pool or pool area. Cans or other unbreakable containers are fine. No food allowed in the pool or pool area.
- Kids under 14 must be accompanied by an adult, but it does not have to be the kid’s parents.
- KOA will have a trash collection trip in the morning throughout the campground.
- Thereafter, the trailer will be parked at the tool shed at the pool where trash can be dumped throughout the day.
- The trailer will be cleared in the evening. To avoid attracting raccoons, do not put trash on the trailer overnight.
Maintaining The Spirit of SA Potjie In TX
- South African Potjie In Texas is a family-friendly event. In the spirit of maintaining this family-friendly atmosphere, we ask that attendees maintain discretion in terms of clothing, behavior, and alcohol consumption throughout the weekend.
- We welcome activities from attendees in smaller groups. However, these activities must be in the spirit of, and in co-operation with the South African Potjie in Texas event.
To get started, call Rusk KOA at (903) 683-6641 and make your reservation!