The South African Potjie In Texas…
The Place To Be Over Labor Day Weekend – September 3 – 6, 2021!
South Africans in the USA… Imagine an event where you can visit with other South African families, make new friends, network, and have fun together. Imagine an event where, when it’s done, you feel energized and ready to take on the world again. And you can’t wait for the next one!
That event is the South African Potjie in Texas!
- South African Potjie In Texas will be held at a new venue – CAMP SHILOH LUTHERAN RETREAT, 3335 FM 21 — PITTSBURG, TX 75686.
- Why the venue change?
- we have had numerous requests to alternate the venue;
- more cabins are available and in addition there are two dormitories for larger families and for those that just need a bed inside, this is an option as well;
- more common facilities are available like:
- dedicated commercial kitchen and dining hall;
- separate hall for evening events – do I hear sokkie;
- and an outdoor pavilion.
Reservations will open on March 1st, 2021. Reservations can only be made by sending an email to email@example.com. Reservation received before this date will not be accepted. Details that need to be included are: –
- Contact info – email and phone number
- Number of people included in your reservation – number of adults and number of children and children’s ages
- Indicated what type of Booking you would like to make i.e. Regular Cabin, Family Cabin etc.
The allocations will be made on a first come first serve basis and will be given out in the order we receive the bookings via emails. Reservations will be confirmed no later than March 5th, 2021. A deposit in the form equivalent to one nights booking will be required when you are contacted for your reservation confirmation.
What are the Potjie costs and what does it include?
- There is an event fee of $20 for everyone payable upon arrival
- Children 6 and under are exempt from the event fee
- Day visitors pay a fee of $20 for the day
- All attendees must register and wear their wrist bands for the duration of the potjie festival
- Included in the event fee
- Access to the Camp Shiloh over Labor Day weekend
- Participation in all events
- Lunch Saturday
- Braai Saturday evening (meat will be supplied)
- Sokkie Saturday evening
- Breakfast Sunday
- Participation in Potjie competition. Potjies are shared
- The event fee does not include any camping or accommodation fees
We realize that unexpected events such as work conflicts, mechanical problems, and illnesses may cause you to cancel your trip. In order to limit the impact of cancellations, there are fees that shall apply to your refund should you choose to cancel. We will allow cancellations up to 14 days prior to the event with a $20 cancellation fee.
No refunds will be allowed as of the 20th of August 2021, therefore 14 days prior to the event date due to the deposit South African Potjie In Texas have paid to secure the venue.
Family Cabin – Sleeps 6
$150 per night
Regular Cabin – Sleeps 4
$130 per night
Deluxe Suite – Sleeps 4
$120 per night
Regular Suite – Sleeps 3
$110 per night
Motel Room – Sleeps 4
$100 per night
Bungalow – Sleeps 2
$60 per night
RV Site – 30 or 50 Amp full hookup
$65 per night
$20 per night or $50 for the weekend
Own bedding and towels
$30 per night
Maintaining The Spirit of SA Potjie In TX
South African Potjie In Texas is a family-friendly event. In the spirit of maintaining this family-friendly atmosphere, we ask that attendees maintain discretion in terms of clothing, behavior, and alcohol consumption throughout the weekend.
We welcome activities from attendees in smaller groups. However, these activities must be in the spirit of, and in co-operation with the South African Potjie in Texas event.